Tuesday, January 24, 2012



FASTPITCH NEWS NUGGETS...

SOFTBALL NEWS & INFORMATION: 2012 coaches preseason poll, Chicago's newest Bandit feels “blessed”, CT convention draws global interest, a recycling program funds team...

2012 BIG EAST SOFTBALL PRESEASON COACHES POLL: DePaul was tabbed the preseason softball favorite with Syracuse and Notre Dame rounding out the top three. The schools, right now, are ranked: 1. DePaul, 2. Syracuse, 3. Notre Dame, 4. Louisville, 5. USF, 6. Pittsburgh, 7. Rutgers, 8. Connecticut, 9. Providence, 10. St. John's, 11. Villanova, 12. Georgetown, 13. Seton Hall. This season's BIG EAST Championship will be held on May 12 at 3 PM, hosted by the University of Notre Dame. It will be televised live on ESPN2. Full story at http://www.bigeast.org/News/tabid/435/Article/230661/DePaul-Tops-2012-BIG-EAST-Softball-Preseason-Poll.aspx


"SOFTBALL SAVED MY LIFE,” says Meagan Denny White, the a 26-year-old, 74 mph, rise ball right-hander who signed with the Chicago Bandits this past month. “I had dyslexia. I hated school. I hated myself. I had no friends. I stuttered really bad. I felt so alone in the world. When I started playing softball, I started feeling good about who I was. I started creating goals for myself. I started getting more sociable, too. Softball did that for me. It brought me out of the black hole I was in, and I felt I was finally alive.” Asked for a single word to describer her life, she says “Blessed.” Full interview at http://www.examiner.com/bandits-in-chicago/chicago-s-newest-bandit-softball-saved-my-life

WORLD BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL COACHES CONVENTION, Mohegan, Connecticut, is growing as never imagined. The event currently attracts more than 1,000 softball attendees (with equal number of baseball participants, as well). “It started out as a New England event and now we have 35, 40 states that people are hailing from,” said Andy Walker, one of the organizers. “It’s grown, even internationally. We’ve had people come over from Europe to come to the event.” Full story at http://www.norwichbulletin.com/sports/x1069935917/Baseball-softball-convention-growing-in-size-importance#axzz1kBT3HJLS

ENVIRONMENTAL FUNDRAISER. Niles McKinley Lady Red Dragons raise money while helping the planet by holding a recycle day. People brought in computers, televisions, cell phones, batteries, iPods, GPS devices, fax machines, printers, etc. along with a $10 donation to the Ohio softball team. Full story at http://www.wfmj.com/story/16571768/valley-softball-team-holds-fundraiser-that-helps-the-environment

No comments:

Post a Comment