Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Two rules for fastpitch excellence
Playing outside your
comfort zone pays off

Taken from a much larger article posted at ESPNHS Softball  by blogger Casey Stangel
 
► Click here for the full story

Casey Stangel

1. Get out of your comfort zone 

When you get to college, you’re in a new place, playing with new teammates and learning a new coach’s style. Learning to perform under uncomfortable conditions teaches you the ability to play your own game and to work well as a teammate.

2. Seek that spotlight 

I encourage everyone who wants to play college softball to look at their playing situation and ask yourself the following questions:

Casey Stangel
► Am I playing on a team going to the top exposure tournaments? 

► Am I in a place where I am being exposed to a variety of college coaches? 

Being on the right team and competing in major tournaments is just one step in the recruiting process.

No comments:

Post a Comment